Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pratyaksha Pada Puja (Direct Offering to the Divine)

Nov.11, 2010 (Bidadi)

So far in 3 months time I was given an opportunity to do Pratyaksha Pada Puja , 5 times.  Never I imagined in my life I will get a chance to do this of offering to the Guru's feet this many time. 

In one of the pada puja suddenly I had a click.  Here, everything is well prepared by the ashramites (temple volunteers)  for the pada puja.  All I have to do is, go and sit, and follow the chanting as guided and do the puja. In the puja the chanting says....'I offer water, I offer food, I offer jewelery and so on, to you Master with deep gratitude.'

Suddenly, I realized "Oh God! even in life this is the mistake I am doing."  I think I am offering help, donation and so on to Swami and the mission, but actually in reality it's just like this Pratyaksha Pada Puja, I only offer to Him, His own".  The puja materials that I was offering belongs to the temple / foundation.  Which was provided by Swamiji Himself.  Now, I am sitting here saying...please take my offerings.  In a bigger picture, I am doing the same thing with life.  Existence provides me everything for my life and here I am thinking I am working hard to sustain this life, doing sadhana, giving the donation, giving my time and my energy to maintain this life, society or mission (which is existence itself).  God....it's such a Big illusion.


4 comments:

  1. A nice realization! Made me think: the Big Illusion includes our imagination about what we contribute, our ideas of what we receive, and even the thought that we are individuals apart from Existence.
    Your realization during the pada puja shows the gratitude you carry in you. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing click that deserves real manana for it to seek deeply in me and transform this same habit of thinking.
    Thanks Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very strong realization indeed. Applying this to our daily lives, I think, will make our life blissful like Swamiji says. Thanx for sharing this.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this realization. Thanks. It stirred a 'click' in me, too.
    Ma Dharmapaalini Nithyananda

    ReplyDelete