Thursday, October 21, 2010

Initiated into probationary sanyas (Yellow Kavi)

Around 7:30pm on Oct. 17th, 2010 (the last day of Navaratri celebration) received sanyas initiation from Paramahamsa Nithyananda.



The whole event became extra fun and special with Swamiji's spontaneity.  Before the initiation, at Vaidhya Sarovar, Prana Maharaj and Bhakta Swami reminded me "after this, you will receive initiation". (I wasn't exactly sure what initiation Swami's going to give me). I guessed could be sanyas because that's one thing I expressed to Him in the year of 2007, when He gave first sanyas initiation in Duarte ashram for other LA ashramites.

You know....with Swami, we can't really predict.  When we are very sure, He will flip it to something else.  Anyway, so from Vaidhya Sarovar, I left early got ready and went to chit sabha on time.  Just before the ceremony, Bhakta Swami came and called Gnanamaya (aka Barathi in LA) and myself to go to the stage from the back end. In the front the stage curtain was still closed..

In the above video link at minute 11:35 - You can see me on the stage, waiting to get the initiation.

On the stage, there were only 3 of us to be initiated. I was actually very surprise.  It was Gnanamaya, myself, and another Indian male ashramite.  So the curtain was opened, with the 3 of us on the stage.  It was announced "Probation sanyas will be given to 3 ashramites".  My name was called first.  Any I was sitting very close to Swami's feet. First Swami gave the Gayatri Initiation and put the sacred thread for me, then He gave me energy darshan with blessings.  Finally I bow down and took the Yellow kavi from His feet.  After initiated the other 2 ashramites, He went into this 'givers' mood.  He asked Prana Maharaj bring out more kavis.  Then He was simply calling people's name and gave them upgraded sanyas.  From yellow to orange. Also from orange to full kavi.  Then He opened to the devotees.  Who wants sanyas?  Not all from the devotees list who wanted got sanyas, but many did. I could just go on and on, talk about the event.
It was Too Much FUN!

In the Living Enlightenment book, there's a topic Swami talks about Sanyas, for those who are curious about the significance of Sanyas initiation.

7 comments:

  1. All of this sounds so very exciting, Ma Praba !! and Congratulations too all of those of you that are so blessed to recognize what you need at an early stage and also ask for it and get it too! from the Incarnation HIMSELF ! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ma Praba!! :)

    Wow, I thought its only me who got tricked for posting comments on your blog.
    Three cheers for the Princess!!

    ~Dev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kumar and Atmaniranjini - Thank you. Swami has a lot to give to all of us. He has everything we need. Doesn't have to be sanyas. In my case it was sanyas. Maybe your case, as enlightened CEO :) or Enlightened Parent?

    Let's together celebrate the Master's happening in our life. Thanks again for your support.
    - Prabananda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to read about your initiation and the whole wonderful happenings there on Navaratri, Ma. Congratulations.

    I love how you remind us all that Swamiji is so amazing ~ He knows exactly how to give the perfect thing to each of us, in the right timing so that we can each lead our own unique, fulfilled lives and radiate enlightenment in the world!

    Nithyanandam!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally! You waited so patiently for so long. I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete